Old July 11th 03, 01:06 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Anonymous" wrote in message

87015 wrote in message ...
Many years back I recall a Sea Harrier landing on a container ship or

such
rather than ditch in the sea. There was a two page spread about it in the
magazine "Air Pictorial" a few weeks after the incident. This was in the

late
1980's.

It was during the Falklands War, I believe

No it was shortly afterwards IRC

Royal Navy Sea Harriers took off from British ships that were disguised as
cargo vessels. Naturally they landed back on 'em as well...

No sir, a number of Harriers were deployed south on the
Atlantic Conveyor but did not land back on once they
had deployed.

Were there not trials of a delta-winged F16 (possibly F16XL) on carriers ?

The F-16XL had a double delta wing but I dont recall any carrier trials

Or was this the product of an odd dream I had one night long ago...

Keith