Old October 18th 03, 11:52 AM
Ragnar

wrote in message
om...
We all have seen the movies were one pistol shot or what not causes
the side of an airliner explode sucking the people, seats, etc. into
the void. What would happen in the reality? Let's assume the plane is
at the cruising altitude.

A bullet hole is nothing. The cabin pressurization systems can handle it.
I had the bottom of a rear door seal (about two feet of seal) fail once, and
all it did was hiss until we threw a bunch of wet paper towels in the hole.

And if you lose a window, sure you'll get everything loose like paper and
small items blowing around, but a regular sized person isn't going to get
sucked out. Might seal up the hole pretty efficiently though.