Old December 31st 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning, rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student
Brian[_1_]

Default flaps again

snip

I as well wonder how this would not be noticed, but my experience is
limited to one model Cessna.

* * * * * *I've flown the 150, 172, 180, 182, 185 and 206 and all
except the 180 and 185 do the same thing. The stab is in the downwash
off the flaps and the nose will rise when flaps are applied. The

snip

It have been a few years since I flew a 177 and it wasn't an RG.
However as I recall the flaps on the 177 are much smaller than most of
the other Cessnas.
They are more simlar to the flaps on the Cherokee.

I don't recall how much pitch change they induced on the 177 but
if there was a Cessna that the flaps didn't change the pitch much it
probably would be the 177.
I am sure there are a few others like possibly the C-140, C-188, etc.

Brian
CFIG/ASEL