Old March 26th 14, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Towplane-Baron accident

I am so very sorry for your loss. I think that all of us who strap ourselves into airplanes and sailplanes understands and accepts, at least on some level, that we may very well not get back out of that aircraft alive. We go on flying / soaring anyway because for a lot of us it is the passion of our lives. It's the one thing that makes everything else that we have to do...worthwhile. I don't know if this will offer you any comfort or not but I always told my wife and kids that if I died in an airplane accident that I did not want them to ever think or say anything bad about little airplanes or flying. If I had an accident it was probably my fault. I also
asked them to be mindful of how very special flying was to me and how much joy it brought me in my life. Even if I somehow knew that I would someday die flying, I would go on doing it anyway. It means that much to me. My guess is that your Dad would feel the same. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Brian k. Lott