Old June 10th 15, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Ugh. Flight trace didn't download off FLARM brick

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 12:03:23 PM UTC-4, Kurt Thams wrote:
After a sweet flight, I get home to discover that the flight trace
did not copy onto the USB stick.

Do I need to bring a computer with me to the airport to check
each time before I leave the glider that the trace made it?

1) Most common cause of problems writing to USB stick is partially
corrupted stick, usually caused by pulling stick out of PC without
"ejecting", or pulling stick out of a device while stick is being
written to. Winbloze is more tolerant of partial corruption than
any embedded device (loggers etc). Reformat your stick and try again.

2) Any capable FLARM display device, SN10 for example one of dozens,
will give you progress reports writing to the stick. This will give
you confirmation that the file is copied prior leaving the glider.

No, you do not need a PC at the aerodrome...

Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave