Old January 7th 19, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Grob 103 Spoiler Mechanism Removal?

Our 103 had a bent spoiler rod - it sticks out beyond the wing root and is either a convenient handhold or easily caught on the fuselage and bent. We opted to replace the rod, to undo bolts in the wing it was necessary to open up the wing. Previous comments about things being in place before wing buttoned up are true! We just installed the inspection ports behind the spar vicinity of the overcenter lock. Removing the spoilers mechanism would entail lots of openings on both sides of spar! You may want to reconsider! Did not encounter any linear bearings that fell out, only a sleeve in the wing root, and many small abrasions from putting hand through supplied opening that is sized for children! Check with Robert Mudd in Moriarty, US contact - he was very helpful. Likewise, Lindner has plenty of tech bulletins to read that may provide insight.
Mark