Old December 21st 03, 01:01 PM
Dick

I'll need to find a site. Sounds interesting. Thanks.
"Paul Lee" wrote in message
om...
Have you looked at those vortex generator tabs placed on top of
the wing. Very negligible top end decrease. They come in a kit
and are easy to apply. Users claim 5-10 kt decrease in stall.

"Dick" wrote in message

om...
Just for discussion, what opinions are there for an individual lowering

the
stall speed of an existing wing considering constructability and cost?

I remember there was some leading edge profile modification studies done
years ago but can't see that as a practical approach for an individual.

Thinking about how to add sailplane-type upper surface spoilers, WW2
fighters underwing dive brakes, etc.

Dick