Old May 22nd 05, 01:38 AM
Ron Garret

Default Mystery lines on NY VFR terminal chart

The Coney Island crash got me to dig out my NY VFR terminal chart (not
used much as I live in LA) and there's an odd thing on it that I've not
seen before. There are five darkish blue lines radiating out to the
edge of the chart from the boundary of the class B airspace on the LGA
071 142 231 270 and 328 radials. These lines are otherwise unannotated
and there's no explanation of what they are in the legend. They kind of
look like class B boundary lines, but they are just a shade darker, and
they go out to the edge of the chart, well beyond where the class B end.
What are these?

rg