Old December 2nd 03, 06:20 AM
B2431

Compared to V-22 Osprey
From: (robert arndt)
Date: 12/1/2003 8:26 AM Central Standard Time
I have had my fill of Nazi "wonder weapons" and secrets still kept.

But the DoD, USAF, CIA, etc... have not. German weapon systems from
1945 are still classified and there is much evidence that links the
Third Reich's radical aircraft projects to US postwar projects
culminating in the black projects operating today. Therefore that
information is kept classified, restricted, compartmentalized.

None of which you can prove.

Just like the Nazis most of the wackier ideas never got beyond the proposal
stage.

True, but the US relationship with the UK allowed much of Allied
technology to be shared. Japan's advanced weapons programs were
negligible except for the question of the Japanese atomic bomb
program, which also remains a mystery. The U.S.S.R. OTOH was seen as
an enemy and there was considerable amount of spying done postwar to
learn what the Russians had captured from the Germans and what the
Germans were developing for them. History shows that Russia's military
and space programs benefitted nicely from German technology.
In regards to disc aircraft, the US percieved threat was real.
Everything from the Ghost Rockets of '46 forward was seen as an
attempt by the Russians to develop this type of craft. However, the
U.S.S.R. followed a strict quantity over quality development program
that set their aircraft industry back significantly. One can only look
at their X-planes of the time to see that the technical ability was
there but that Stalin and subsequent Soviet leaders prohibited
advanced, costly aircraft to be developed... no matter what threat
from the US emerged.

snip

Same thing for the Thule Triebwereke except that this technology was
passed over to the US that conducted its own experiments and made
breakthroughs that eventually were moved from Wright Field, to
Edwards, to Area 51.

Why, of COURSE they did, how convienient.

snip more blind idolization of the Super Swine

the most sensitive documentation (which most likely includes photos,
timelines, and flight performances) remain heavily classified.

And you alone know all about this?

I'm just hoping that I live long enough for this material to see the light of

day again.

Rob

Ah yes, the Fourth Reich and you will be yelling "seig heil" louder than the
next guy?

I am not saying there was no Nazi tecnology more advanced than the Allies, but
the SS never produced any super weapons other than the V-2. And that was
designed by an non SS Nazi team. BTW, von Braun didn't invent the liquid fuel
rocket engine or rocket flight. Darn the luck, if your beloved SS had predated
Goddard maybe they would have.

While you are drooling over the SS and their pretty uniforms ask yourself how
many human beings were killed in their experiments and slave labour camps. Then
compare the human suffering vs actual product.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired