Old July 20th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default Affordable Glider

You might get a nice glass ship for around $15, such as a Std Cirrus
or an LS1 or an ASW-15, Libelle, and other "first generation
fiberglass" but don't expect the trailer to be all that great for that
amount. *So, keep an eye for glider condition (repair history, who
made the repairs, if any, gel coat condition, canopy condition,
instruments, weight and balance and allowable load, and last, BUT NOT
LEAST, is condition of the trailer. *Homebuilts are fine, if rigged
properly. *But either a factory trailer or a homebuilt can be knuckle-
busting, glider-rash-giving monsters if not properly set up. *Yea,
I've got experience with that *:-)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

EDIT: Uh, I think that should have stated "...$15,000..." and not
$15. I think I would stear clear of a $15 glider. Now, a $64 LS4,
with a refrigerator in the trailer, etc, might be a steal!