Old February 17th 10, 05:50 PM
Canberra Man Canberra Man is offline
Junior Member

Location: Wamphray. Scotland
Default Oops! Fire extinguishers!

Hi.
Working on a Canberra with a faulty No 2 Inverter (instrument supplies) checked the fuse,- OK. So, says I, Type S relay upper equipment hatch. Climbed up, opened hatch and entered. Released four Dzus fasteners on the main panel and the lid was stuck, I hit it with my fist, there was a bang, the back of my neck got wet and there was a horrible smell of fire extinguisher fluid, a pool of the stuff was appearing under each engine. On looking a little closer, there was a pop rivet mandrel accross the contacts of the S relay. Looking round the compartment, there were dozens of them. Of the several companies making Canberras under license, Shorts gave all squadrons the most trouble

Ken