Old October 31st 19, 08:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Gliding risk....

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 8:49:22 PM UTC-4, wrote:
For those who haven’t seen it....

https://chessintheair.com/the-risk-o...-what-we-love/

I personally appreciate this information, having known 5 individuals that have lost their lives in gliders. Two were defined as medical casualties, heart attack or stroke in flight, both at tow release. One I define as being stupid and actually going in upside down at a high rate of speed. The other two negligent, elevator not connected and the other plane ole screwed up. Know the conditions and pay attention to detail.