Old September 25th 20, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Yellow Gorilla Headed To California

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 8:41:35 PM UTC-4, Larry Suter wrote:
Yes, we're really looking forward to towing behind it!

Thanks!
Larry

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 9:38:11 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Bob, we at NCSA are looking forward for the arrival of the Yellow Gorilla at Byron. Thanks for responding to my R.A.S. inquiry for a tow plane few month ago.

Ramy

The TOST system and release handle in the Yellow Gorilla are state of the art and what EVERY tow plane should have. Any club or commercial operation flying with the Schweizer hook and a release handle down on the floor is making a mistake which could well cost the tow pilot his or her life. Been there, done that. There is no 100 percent safe system, if a glider pilot kites low and quickly on the tow plane bad things will happen but the tow pilot deserves a fighting chance to survive the failings of the guy in back.

Walt Connelly