Old April 5th 21, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix

Default Vc gear difficulty

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 1:39:28 PM UTC-4, Jon May wrote:
On Monday, 5 April 2021 at 12:49:19 UTC+1, Phoenix wrote:
Anyone have a solution as to why my gear is so VERY difficult to retract / extend on my Ventus c? It's the very last 10% trying to get the lever into the indent that's the problem.

I know it is too easy, but if you reduce the tension on the axel bolt by one or two flats on the castle nut it will make a difference.
Just try it while its on the trailer belly dolly.
You will need to replace the split pin but it is so easy.
This is what worked on my discus and I was told by the importer /champion s/h pilot Steve Jones.

Reducing the tension on the axel bolt will only free up the rotation of the tire, correct? The problem is not in the tire rotation - it's in the up / down mech. of the gear/