Old September 5th 05, 04:27 AM
Jay Honeck

If you are a cop in the midst of a disaster, shoot looters. When you do,
you
keep order, save lives and property.

Mary and I were just discussing this. Were this happening in Iowa, the
police would have to push through a pile of bodies to get to our hotel, in
order to find out what had happened.

It's absolutely unimaginable what is happening in N.O. And (other than on
Fox News) all the damned coverage is about these animals doing the looting,
rather than about the quiet, courageous recovery and rebuilding going on up
and down the Mississippi and Louisiana coastlines. And, let's not forget,
Florida took a fairly good hit, too.

There are thousands (millions?) of Americans going about the business of
rebuilding their lives, and we're just not getting the story. Is it just
me, or does it seem that the major news networks have set up just three main
cameras -- one at the N.O. airport, one on the bridge overlooking the
flooded parts of N.O, and the last one being the live feed from the A.P.
cameras?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA