Old May 25th 17, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Kansas straight-out

Fun and Interesting​ day!

My earliest launch ever, weak to start then cooked good. It rained a bunch in SE ok and ne TX yesterday and that showed. Struggled south of I 40 and got low-ish near Paris TX.

Dumped water after getting to Longview as the climbs just weren't there. Couldn't get to cloudbase in second half of flight very well.

Wind line, cloud line, and the line of airports did not coincide very well today which caused some navigation problems. There is basically no where else to land here.in east Texas.

Nice airport at Central, TX although they just closed the runway for light replacement. Nice runway though and having the runway lights torn out was a bonus to me.

Jerry Boone and Bob Holiday appear to have made it to Seminole, OK in our clubs Twin Astir. Nice job guys! They were the ET/K7 tracker on glideport.