Old October 28th 18, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 17.6 meter tips for Ventus C ?

I'm sure the 17.6 tips help the Ventus B a lot, but high speed could present a problem.................remember the guy that added unauthorized tip extensions that worked great until he started a high speed final glide. As some point, the wing twisting (leading edge down) started increasing the speed until full back elevator wasn't enough to stop it!............ Pilot is no longer with us!
If I was flying a 17.6 Ventus B, I'd back off 20 knots (or more) on the VNE and Rough air redline.
Hope this helps,
JJ