Old October 28th 18, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 17.6 meter tips for Ventus C ?

I hear you, we got a reluctant OK to add 2 meters to the ASH-25 a few years back. Worked fine till I pushed hard finishing at Ephrata. We crossed the finish line doing red-line at 50 feet. Got the good finish and pulled up and rolled left because the finish was in the middle of the field and we needed to get back ease in order to land westbound on the ramp. At 45 degrees left bank, I applied right aileron, but the ship kept rolling left! Full right stopped the left turn and things quickly returned to normal because the nose was up and airspeed was decaying rapidly. I was shook but didn't realize how bad the situation could have been until I talked to the guy who was on the finish gate. He was looking right down my left wing and said the wing was bowed up in the center section but bowed down at the tip.........looked like a sign wave! He said it was the scariest thing he had ever seen! Apparently, my left aileron input caused the wing tip to dig-in and left me doing an uncommanded hard left turn at 50 feet!
No more wing extensions for this Glider-guider!
JJ