Old December 30th 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

Default FCC License?

Tony - Thanks for the update and "chapter and verse" from the FAA FAR/
AIM. You've got to wonder if the FCC has ever read the FAA
documents. Good to hear that I don't need a license unless I travel
internationally. I wonder what our US team does when then go to the
worlds? I will bet they don't apply for a individual user license.

As to the below - It states "...Airport's unicom frequency...". Can I
assume that this is any (unicom) frequency that my gliderport is
licensed for beyond the 122.9 that is mentioned? In our case we are
licensed for 123.3 mhz.

47 CFR 87.345(c) states
"Aeronautical utility mobile stations
which operate on the airport s
unicom frequency or the frequency
122.900 MHz are authorized only to
transmit information relating to safety,
such as runway conditions and hazards
on the airport. These stations are
authorized primarily for monitoring
communications from and to aircraft