Old December 27th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default So Whudj'all get for Christmas?

Not exactly for the plane but I got the new Saitek Flight Yoke and Rudder
pedals. The Yoke comes with a separate full-sized (well, for a Piper Warrior
at least) throttle quadrant with *throttle, prop and mixture levers--in
color too. The yoke has a metal shaft and a nifty digital clock/timer on the
yoke itself. It takes the time from the PC which I thought was cool until I
realized it was a constant reminder of how late I was actually staying up.
Had the CH Products set before but realized how cheaply they were mad after
the rudders malfunctioned and I took it apart and saw wires the size of a
human hair (no wonder it broke). The Saiteks seem more rugged and are
noticably more accurate in my various simulators (MS FSX, X-Plane, and On
Top 9). I rarely fly them for pure pleasure but seem to always be doing
approaches so I regard the gift as flight-related.

Cool! I've been looking at those for our Kiwi -- thanks for the
PIREP.

(Thank GOD "the Bunyip" hasn't discovered this newsgroup, yet -- or
he'd be ripping us a new you-know-what for talking about sims...)

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA