Old August 20th 14, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default trailer light module issues

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:14:02 AM UTC-5, Brad wrote:
I have an Avionic trailer that has been revised to run a flat-4 plug. My Kia Sportage requires a light module kit that plugs into the wire harness and then outputs to the trailer plug.

I keep blowing up the modules..............any ideas what might be the cause? These things are expensive and usually I need to install a new one at the start of each season.

thanks,

Brad

- Cleaning all exposed, and rusty, trailer side contacts helped in my case, also try getting a flat 4 plug fused contact. Fuse is located right inside of the plug. Ever since I replaced all lighting with corresponding LEDs permanently "fixed" the problem.