Old March 26th 10, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Herb

Default Grease recommendation

On Mar 26, 2:25*pm, brianDG303 wrote:
On Mar 26, 12:12*pm, KevinFinke wrote:

Anybody use Vaseline? It seems to me that this stuff would be perfect.

It's odorless, translucent and doesn't leave difficult stains on your
clothing. Acid free, repeals moisture, doesn't oxidize, protects from
UV rays, reacts with very few materials, and stays consistent over a
wide range of temperatures. Porsche even recommended the stuff for
maintenance of seals and corrosion protection for wheels.

I can't stand how messy typical grease and white lithium are.

Kevin, next time you rig walk over and I will give you some "Super
Lube W/ptfe" which is a food grade non-staining winch grease. Works
way better than lithium in cold temp. I prefer it over all other
grease products.
Brian

And the winner is...
BrianDG303 with his SuperLube!!! No kidding, only after I put that
stuff on the main pins of a brand-new ASG-29 did we get the glider
together with hardly any bleep-words. You can use it very sparingly
and it stays on the surfaces for many weeks. Clear synthetic grease
that reduces friction to close to Zero.
Herb