Old September 3rd 05, 01:40 AM
Juan Jimenez

"Richard Isakson" wrote in message
"Juan Jimenez" wrote ...
which is how
I earned the record by completing a BD-5J 80 lbs lighter than the
previous
record holder. Period, end of story.

An airplane that can't fly is no airplane at all. A turbine engine that
was
design to flown only on a disposable drone and never intended to be man
rated is flown only by a fool.

Rich

Only a fool like you opens his mouth without doing his homework.

From the Microturbo brochure for the 022 Couguar engine, 4/71 rev.

"The COUGUAR engine is a single-entry, single-spool turbojet, designed for
powering small aircraft and remotely controlled target drones."

It's immediate succesor, the TRS-18-046, in the same thrust class and using
essentially the same design (so close, in fact, that the starter generator
for the TRS-18 fits into the nosecone of the 022 Cougar, and it uses
essentially the same analog computer and fuel spill valve, with a slightly
different magnetic pickup for RPM signal generation), holds FAA type
certificate E13CE, obtained by Ames Industrial Corp. as the sole distributor
and licensee for Microturbo in the US at the time.

As to the Turana, it was designed and flown as a _reusable_ target drone,
not a disposable drone. Ask the Australian national archives to send you the
pile of archives they sent me when I asked for info.

As to the comment that an airplane that can't fly is no airplane at all,
I'll leave that one open for the entertainment of the peanut gallery. I can
still hear them laughing.

Any more questions, fool? No? Shake your head from side to side. There you
go! Good! That's the first smart thing you've done all day.