Old March 24th 04, 08:06 PM
Corky Scott

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:04:43 GMT, "R&R Sherwood"
wrote:

The front seal of my Ross Aero Reduction unit needs replacing but I can't
remove the prop hub pin. The darn thing won't budge...even under a 4000
lb.hydraulic press. Has anyone had experience removing the prop hub?

Warning.... After removing the reduction from my engine I found two set
screws that hold the planetary gear shafts in place had backed off. This
allowed the gear shafts to move out of position, had this situation gone
unchecked I could have had a catastrophic failure. If you own a Ross unit
I would suggest that the set screws be checked.

Russell Sherwood
Houston, TX

You might want to give a call to Tracy Crook who used a Ross reduction
box and then designed his own based loosely on it.

Corky Scott