Old June 20th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Doug Palmer

Default cad-plated stainless steel?

Stainless tends to chew through aluminum pretty quickly (galvinac corrosion)
Perhaps the cad plating is to help protect the aluminum of the hinge
extrusion more so than the stainless.

"oilsardine" wrote in message
hi, guys,
I just ordered some stainless piano-hingepins (pn#03-49000). What Aircraft
Spruce delivered were some cad-plated rods. I previously got some
stainless and these were silvery-shiny. I complained at AS and they
responded that their stainless 302 pins truely were cad-plated (?) I never
heared about such. What should cad-plating of stainless be good for?