Old October 20th 08, 11:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
mrorwell

Default Copyright and Picasa

"Canuck" wrote in
:

Any images that were copyrighted otherwise had watermarks or a copyright

note on them. I just assumed that since they were in the public domain it
was OK to post them on Picasa because Canadian law allows it.

You can't trust that. Copyright under the Berne Convention is automatic.
No registration or copyright notice is required. The only way that a work
is in the public domain is if the copyright holder specifically says that
it is, or it's so old that the copyright has expired. My response to the

at http://www.TitanNews.com