Old September 24th 12, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy[_2_]

Default LVVSA Roach Dry Lake Fall Auto-Tow Extravaganza

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:25:32 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I've emailed over a week ago to two addresses on the LVVS website and gotten no response so I'll post my questions he My wife and I plan to bring my LAK-17a to Roach Dry lake for the ground launch activities and I want to know if there are any special requirements to participate. I'm ground launch qualified with both winch and auto tow. I'm also qualified to self launch (if I had one!) and aero tow. I'm an SSA member and fully insured and I hold a Diamond Badge. So... Will we be welcome and will I be able to ground launch with you? Dan "Uncle Fuzzy" wrote in message ... Excellent! I'll try to remember to update this thread if conditions change at Roach. Here's a map to the dry lake from the Jean airport. http://lvvsa.org/Pictures/Events/RoachDryLakeMapNew.jpg

You will absolutely be welcomed! You must be an SSA member, and pay the whopping $10.00 guest membership fee (per day). Auto tows will be $10.00 each, with aero tows available at current club (cheap!) rates. Bring sunscreen, lots of water or whatever you use to maintain hydration. I'm going out weekend after next to drive our line and check conditions. If we get significant rain, and the dry lake is un-usable, we'll camp at the airport and do aero tows.
Feel free to email me directly from here, or at griderpirateatyahoodotcom
Cheers,
Jim