Old May 28th 16, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Loye Hilton[_2_]

Default Delorme satellite tracker 25% off at REI until May 30

At 03:25 28 May 2016, WaltWX wrote:
On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 6:21:11 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:

https://www.rei.com/product/857610/d...way-satellite-

com=
municator

$225 is a good deal. I bought mine for $250 on sale a while back.

Just a reminder... if you get the aviation or enterprise plan and fly
conte=
st with 2minute updates you'll end up paying $400 in fees per year after
ma=
naging month by month your data bytes. Maybe closer to $250 if you stick
to=
5 or 10 minute updates. Of course, having the ability to text email
outgoi=
ng is the main advantage.

Walt Rogers WX
Walt is correct it can get out of control...went back to SPOT after last

season don't forget to turn it off after your flight or it will ping you to
the poor
house. Go over your first bill very closely and call them a on those
charges
you weren't told about. I've got a older model and I wouldn't even give it

away I'd rather beat it with a hammer than cause someone else trouble. Just

my 2 sense.