Old April 28th 18, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Notable Power Flarm saves - Is it 'worth it'?

With me, the bonus is knowing the altitude differential, which informs my decision on how to avoid. If he's higher, descend and turn to acquire visually, if lower, trade airspeed for altitude while turning to acquire visually.. On the admittedly rare occasions when the target is overtaking, you can avoid, whereas before, you'd only be aware by a target flashing by, or that disconcerting sound of an engine getting louder (for GA targets).

I really like my PowerFLARM. It was worth it to me.