Old April 29th 18, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default Notable Power Flarm saves - Is it 'worth it'?

Yes, PF saved my butt once. I was flying in front of another glider as we both made our way up the Pine Nuts. He was half a click behind at the same altitude. I hit some lift and rolled left to center it. unbeknownst to me, he also rolled left to improve his energy line, and didn't see me turn. I came around half of a turn and the flarm went nuts. We were head to head, and very close. I didn't see him right away, but banked sharply left, and he banked right. We passed each other, belly to belly.