Old December 7th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Peter Dohm

Default Owner's Manual Format

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Peter Dohm wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
cavelamb himself wrote:

Print your own???

So you think I can print a single copy from a CD cheaper than the
maker of the widget can print 100's?

That's not quite the point.

The most common reason stated for not providing a comprehensive
manual is that too many of the customers are not utilizing the
manuals. Therefore, according to the argument, the customers are
unwilling to bear the cost--instead they will purchase a competing
product which does not include that cost; or may simply do without
the product.
Therefore, the printable manual is an acceptable compromise for those
customers who demand a printed manual. (Personally, I don't like the
result as well as a bound manual; but it is a usefull compromise most
of the time.)
Peter

My entire argument was that I thought we were talking about a manual that
was REQUIRED to be in the aircraft. IF that isn't the case the, well,
never mind.

I thought that was the case as well--initially--and did not plan to
contribute.

But, then, after the topic appeared to become more inclusive, I just had to
mention my own pet irritation--albeit rather gently.

Peter