Old September 1st 04, 11:31 PM
Rick Macklem

"Markus Feyerabend" wrote in message .. .
Hello,

Iīm about to start taking aerobatic lessons in a Super Decathlon and would
like to hear any advice regarding the doīs and dontīs and how the Decathlon
flies in general. Donīt get me wrong, Iīm not a smartass trying to know more
than my FI, but the comment she made about the roll rate of the Deathlon
(~300° sec) made me wonder...

Aircraft Spruce and Specialty sells copies of the Decathlon manual. It covers
the approved maneuvers with recommended entry speeds. (If the one you're going
to fly doesn't have spades, get working out in the weight room before flying
rolls in it:-)

Have fun, rick
ps: I hate to say it, but my main recollection about the Decathlon is its
lack of ventilation on hot days. It is probably the best basic aerobatic
trainer there is, but...