Old April 14th 04, 02:46 AM
David Reinhart

I believe the Avidyne system was just upgraded to allow in-motion resets of the
ADHRS system. I don't know if earlier versions can be upgraded or not.

Dave Reinhart

"Peter R." wrote:

Dylan Smith ) wrote:

Personally, I feel lust over that Cirrus panel. If I had the money, a
Cirrus would definitely be in the running in aircraft I'd be looking at.

The Garmin G1000 glass panel, found in the new C182s, C206s, and now in the
upper-end Mooney models, is actually a more feature-rich glass cockpit that
allows the AI to be reset while the aircraft is in motion, unlike the
Avidine in the Cirrus that needs the aircraft to sit stationary on the
ground for three minutes. The G1000 also has the GPS incorporated into
its system, unlike the Avidine that requires a separately installed GPS.

I have read that Avidine has risen to the competition, though, and is about
to release their next generation glass cockpit where the AI will also be
able to be reset in the air.

Nevertheless, I lust after the G1000.

--
Peter