Old November 9th 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

Default Thrown out of an FBO...

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
We'll never know -- and we'll never be back. It's a shame -- with all
the problems facing GA, small-town airports simply can't afford to have
FBOs driving off what little business they have (we were the only plane
there) -- but for us there are literally hundreds of other airports to
visit, so it won't matter much.

But this day will always bother me, nonetheless.

Sorry, Jay. I would agree that his response was probably over the top, but
then it's hard to predict how a person will react when you insult them.
That reaction depends on a variety of factors, including something as simple
as how their day had been going so far.

You have no way of knowing in advance what those factors are, nor what the
reaction will be. It's why you ought to be careful in the first place about
throwing broad generalizations like that around. Yet, you managed TWO in a
single conversation (as if you could fix the first with another).

I've seen you post generalizations like that here in the past. Some times I
call you on it (to no avail), but most of the time I just ignore it (since
mentioning it does no good anyway). Maybe this experience will help you
rethink a little whether it's appropriate to stereotype people in the way
that you do. Just because most people would have handled your comments more
calmly, that doesn't mean your comments were appropriate.

And yes, I realize I'm probably just spittin' in the wind here...you
probably don't see any harm whatsoever in your comments, seeing how *your*
reaction to his was one of anger, rather than the embarassment that would
have been more appropriate. But you know me...I'm always willing to share
my two cents.

Pete