Old February 7th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Eliminating Trolls (again)

The quality of the discussions here has diminished by a factor of ten. So
have the quantity of people with real experiences to give input to the
discussions.

I agree 100% Jim. But I have a simple solution.

1. Use a newsreader like "Windows Mail" or "Outlook Express". As much as I
liked the search powers of Google Groups, their lack of any sort of
filtering reduced this newsgroup to chaos. I have therefore abandoned GGs.

2. With three keystrokes, you can create a killfile that utterly eliminates
every post by anyone you so designate as persona non grata.

I was two steps out the door from this group before rediscovering
newsreaders. Now, I only see the "good stuff" again, and the trolls can do
their continual verbal circle-jerk in complete anonymity, for all I care.

Of course, the sad part is that this has all become necessary. Killfiles
weren't necessary for the first 9 years I was on this group, but when a
small-but-determined group of trolls with (seemingly endless) time on their
hands takes a hankering to a group, it's obvious that they can destroy it
pretty easily.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA