Old April 14th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default SN10 USB connection

On Apr 13, 6:12*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
T8 wrote:
On Apr 13, 2:02 pm, Dave *wrote:

(1) Winscore, or any scoring program, could care less what
kind of media used for the files. The scorer may however
complain if you show up with 5.25" floppy disks.

Winscore doesn't care. *However the operating system does take a while
longer to recognize a USB drive. *Experience shows that SD cards beat
any other option in the scoring shack by a country mile.

-T8

What are scorers using for the OS - Win 98? Me? My XP computers find and
display a USB drive in 5-6 seconds vs 4-5 seconds for an SD card, not
enough time to go that country mile, even with 50 entrants. Does the
problem come from having 50 different USB drives, instead just 5 or 6
different ones?

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

Leo (Buckley) could tell you more, but afaik he doesn't read r.a.s.
On his system -- I've watched this -- SD cards are recognized much
faster than USB drives. If we all used USB drives with identical
drivers it would probably be a non-issue.

-T8