Old August 23rd 03, 02:08 PM
pac plyer

(B25flyer) wrote in message ...
Hi Walt. I flew with ex-SAT pilots some. You are familiar with the
accident that put Southern out of business right? Tell me about it.

Well pacplayer which accident are you talking about?

The one in 86 at Kelly that killed a friend of mine Phil Decrenzo?
The one at Travis, a training flight that killed 6 crew members.
The one in the Sudan at Wau where the aircraft taxied over a landmine.
The one in the Sudan at Juba where the crew had a triple engine failure on
takeoff due to tainted fuel?

Sorry pac but your wrong. SAT filed BR on 10-1-98 due to a lot of screw ups by
managment and the fact that Logair, Quicktrans, and 50% of the MAC, (now AMC)
contracts were cancelled. On top of that they had a huge debt load. It was not
an airplane crash that put them out of business.

Sorry Walt,

I was just trolling you to find out if you really were a SAT employee.
There are a lot of imposters on these boards. Yes, that's my
understanding of what happened too. I used to fly A310's out of
Southeast Asia with "the queen of the Sudan." Hey, that's what she
called herself. Said she still suffered from the injuries from the
mine. Her story was she was sueing because of the fact info was
available about the mined condition of the runway but no NOTAM type
info was ever given to the crew. After SAT went under her suit was
mute. Any of that close?

Nice to meet you BTW,

pacplyer