Old March 17th 04, 09:28 PM
Simon Robbins

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
Saddam Hussein could attack Britain within 45 mins?

No, the inference I drew was that he could attack his neighbours within 45
minutes.

There's no imminent threat in an enemy's ability to respond on the
battlefield. I doubt Blair argued that, and I know Powell didn't.

Then we have a contradiction if those in power knew Saddam's supposed
arsenal was limited to defensive weapons, no? Unless of course the imminent
threat was him providing those materials to terrorist organisations for use
in the region or further afield. Whether there are other countries out there
more likely to have done so is another matter. Seems to me like Iraq was
simply the easiest target to justify based on past-record when quite
possibly it wasn't believed to be the most serious threat.

Si