Old March 18th 04, 10:39 AM
Cub Driver

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:28:04 -0000, "Simon Robbins"
wrote:

Saddam Hussein could attack Britain within 45 mins?

No, the inference I drew was that he could attack his neighbours within 45
minutes.

Ah well, given what we knew then, and what we have been able to deduce
since, that seems a reasonable statement. (A wrong statement, in all
likelihood, but being wrong isn't the same as being unreasonable.)

That is, not that he *was* able to attack say unleash WMD on Israel in
45 mins, but that he *believed* he was able to do so. Evidently his
own commanders believed that the guy in the next regiment/division had
WMDs. And, after all, Iraq did indeed launch Scuds into Israel and
Saudi in 1991, and into Kuwait last year. That the Kuwait ones had no
chemical or biological elements seems to have come as a surprise to
everyone.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (requires authentication)

see the Warbird's Forum at