Old May 20th 19, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW 27 vs ASW 27B

Am Samstag, 18. Mai 2019 14:14:00 UTC+2 schrieb Charlie Quebec:
Ventus 2 perhaps?

Yes, I would chime in ... just recently acquired a Ventus 2cT and can say it is a wonderful ship. Before that I owned an SZD 55 which I loved, too, but I have to say the difference is quite astonishing. All performance-aspects aside the Ventus is simply very nice to fly, especially to thermal. It easily centers in thermals and stays there even in higher bank angles with only minimal - if any - stick input. This is a very big bonus for me because thermalling could get quite tiresome at the end of long cross-country flights in my SZD which always needed attention while thermalling. I don't know about the prices in the US but here in Europe 27s and Ventus 2 (without engine) are at the same price level. Other bonuses: spacious cockpit, easy to use water ballast and you might even be able to shoot a C model with 18 m wingspan.