Old October 20th 03, 11:29 AM
dharakos

Oops, sorry Ops - I actually meant that the person making the blanket
statement that Australian operators don't record times was wrong. Sorry
got the names a bit mixed!

ops wrote:
*dharakos wrote:
I think 'Ops' has got it fairly wrong. In the large, Australian
operators maintain excellent records and safe machines (as is

required
by law).

--
dharakos

- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what

they fly -

No I queried the statement below by Chopper Jon2.

The R22 which had a blade failure in Queensland is the one that
comes
to mind which the hours were not recorded correctly and in doing so
the
R22 main rotor blade incurred a fatigue-related in-flight separation
failure. http://tinyurl.com/rkl9

.................................................. .............................

ChopperJon2 wrote:

I would'nt fly a helicopter in Australia if i was you. They do not

keep track
of hours in use, which determines a maintenance schedule. Come to

the usa
Pompano Helicopters

I beg your pardon!

And don't just quote one accident report from station properties.

Whats your reasons for the statement?

r *