Old November 28th 19, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Interior paint

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 7:47:52 PM UTC-5, soaringjac wrote:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 9:31:32 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Don’t forget to sand everything to remove contaminants, the seat pan in particular is a reservoir for bodily fluids, sweat, tears and other bodily fluids. Recommend 80 grit sandpaper to give the surface good adhesion, flattened paint won’t show the sanding scratches. I often spray the metal controls in place with rattle-can paint, after I cover everything else with an old bed sheet with a small hole cut in the middle where the control protrudes. These metal parts often show some rust, Best to remove all rust by sanding or wire brush before spraying. Remove the stick grip, spoiler handle, flap handle, gear handle, etc before spraying, then re-spray them with their appropriate color before re-installing. Best to remove the canopy and cover the instrument panel before painting so that they aren't accidentally dusted with overspray.
Have fun,
JJ

Thanks JJ! Do you have any brands / suppliers you can recommend?

I use the following for most stuff.
Interior major: Sherwin Willaims 2nd Dimension acrylic enamel number1656533-A RAL7037 Dusty Gray using semi flat base. Used with hardener and applied with 3 inch fabric roller.
Gray spray for metal: Zero Rust 61SP- Gray. This is a primer but gives a nice finish and is close in color to Schleicher.
Satin Black: SEM 39143 Trim Black. This provides a very nice satin finish like the black trim on your car. Makes a good finish for panels. Also good for glare shields and canopy frames when used with texture below.
Textu For parts that need a bit of texture, like panels, I spray a light to moderate coat of Rustoleum Textured Black part number 7220. A day later I over coat with The SEM Trim Black.
FWIW
UH