Old November 29th 19, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Interior paint

I once sprayed my cockpit with auto trunk paint, gray with white, black,
and possibly other colored flecks.Â* It looked great but was too soft and
rubbed off pretty quickly.Â* Maybe I just didn't do a proper prep...

On 11/28/2019 8:10 AM, wrote:
I’m with UH on this, acrylic enamel is tough enough to withstand rough treatment the cockpit gets. Rust-o-Liam works well on metal parts. Your local auto paint store will have AE and a good supply of paint related supplies, masking tape, masking sheet, brushes, rollers, etc. Ace Hardware has a wide variety of rattle can spray paint. Pick up grey, flat black, red, yellow, blue and green for the control handles . A first class job will include re-painting the canopy rail. Carefully mask the paint line and then re-mask the cover sheet to the first tape. Mask the outside too...........a few extra minutes here will save an afternoon removing overspray on your canopy. Flat black here and on the glare shield. Best to spray the canopy off the bird, upside down on horses. Good wintertime project.
JJ
Change the cockpit stickers, too Wings & Wheels has them.

--
Dan, 5J