Old November 30th 19, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Default ADS-B in and out in both the tow plane and glider

Because we haven't quite beaten the ADS-B subject to death I thought I would start a new topic.

Does anyone have experience when both the tow plane and glider have ADS-B in and out? How are the alarms handled? In my local area I think there's only one glider with ADS-B out.

I am installing a FLARM brick with ADS-B in in my glider now. I am planning on installing a Trig transponder with ADS-B out next year to coincide with a tilt up instrument panel upgrade. I am contemplating putting a manual switch on the squat switch. Then switching to air mode once I am off tow. Experimental glider but I haven't researched the legality yet.