Old December 5th 19, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Schempp-Hirth gliders for sale on W&W

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 8:54:50 AM UTC-7, Roy B. wrote:
On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 3:47:51 PM UTC-5, John Foster wrote:
Has anyone else noticed how many Discus 2 and Ventus 2 gliders have been coming up for sale lately on W&W?

I would not read too much into this. Last year there were 3 ASW-27s for sale on W&W. Now there are none. It's a very small market for both buyers and sellers.
ROY

As of this moment, there are 5 D2s and 6 V2s listed on W&W, not including the earlier variants, or other SH gliders. There are a few ways to look at this.

1. These models of gliders were very successful, and many were bought, so now many are coming up for sale as pilots age out of the sport.
2. SH has the next best thing to sliced bread in the V3, and everyone is wanting to upgrade.
3. These models were "dogs" and no-one wants them anymore (very unlikely).
4. Coincidence.

I'm inclined to believe the 1st, and maybe 2nd reasons, myself.