Old December 6th 19, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

Default Episode #7 of The Thermal Podcast is now out

On Wednesday, 4 December 2019 14:29:52 UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 1:27:08 PM UTC-5, Herrie ten Cate wrote:
Episode #7 of The Thermal is now out and available on most podcast providers including iTunes, Google Play and Spotify.

In this Episode of The Thermal, we take a look at weather forecasting and how to figure out that perfect 500 km day.

We speak to Matthew Scutter, the man behind SkySight. The fantastic weather app for glider pilots. He’ll tell us the story behind this app, that has become indispensable for many pilots.

We also speak with Andrew Blum – the author of The Weather Machine – A Journey Inside the Weather Forecast. We talk about the art of weather forecasting and where we are today.

On Gliding Club Confidential, we go to the Netherlands and the Deelen Gliding Club. Simon van den Eijkel or Flying Simon as he’s known to some will tell us all about his club.

And finally a mystery glider that was hiding in plane sight (pun intended). What is it and where did it come from? That and a whole lot more on episode #7 of The Thermal Podcast.

Thanks Herrie. Also listenable and downloadable from he
http://thethermalpodcast.libsyn.com/website/2019

If you don't, or haven't yet done podcasts, now is the time, and this is the podcast to justify figuring it out. I use one on my phone and listen while working ut in the gym. A better choice than Amazon Music.