Old December 6th 19, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Kennedy

Default LS3a oxygen cylinder specification

At 15:26 06 December 2019, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote on 12/6/2019 6:52 AM:
If it was any cylinder except the steel one you have, I would just say

bite the bullet and replace it with a new aluminum cylinder.

Unfortunately,
the receptacle in the LS-3 ONLY accepts that particular size, and they

are
difficult to find. The aluminum equivalent is too large in diameter to

fit
in the mount socket, and modifying the 'glass is a difficult job that
brings its own problems with getting approval for the change. Where are

you
located? I might be able to direct you to a hydrotest facility that won't
make you jump through flaming hoops. (Never a good idea with an O2

cylinder
:-)

Expensive, perhaps, but can a cylinder that fits be purchased from

Europe?
In one
of my older gliders, a medical bottle would barely fit, but it did go in.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (change ".netto" to ".us" to email
me)

Hello Ian,

Navboys in the UK sell a bottle that fits,

https://www.navboys.com/3L_Steel_100..._Cylinder.html

Got one a couple of months ago when I bought my LS3-17.

Out of interest, how do you secure the bottle from sliding forward?

Cheers

Ian Kennedy