Old December 7th 19, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default LS3a oxygen cylinder specification

On Friday, December 6, 2019 at 8:40:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:

This Summer I went down to the local welding/medical supply business in town and inquired about steel O2 bottles. They had a couple in the back that fit perfectly in my LS3. For about $65 they put on a new valve, did a hydro test and filled it with O2. They were happy to get rid of it.

The steel E cylinder was the standard medical cylinder. I've swapped "out of hydro" E cylinders at a local supplier. They did the same, swapping the medical valve for my CGA540 while I waited. Think it was $18 at the time.
But those cylinders are getting rare.
AL-682 is the E equivalent, but slightly larger diameter. If the mounting tube is tapered, perhaps a D equivalent AL-415 will fit.
You might try borrowing from friends to see what will fit. With a modern dispenser system a smaller cylinder goes a long way, especially if you're not routinely cruising at high altitude.
Jim