Old April 19th 17, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Formula 1.0 Grand Prix

I hear what you're saying with regard to the turnpoint handicapping system - it is vaguely complicated. Having said that, spectators will see the gliders leave, and they'll know that whoever crosses the finish line first has won the race.

I think most people would agree that explaining that the first person to cross the line wins is a lot simpler to explain than the conventional system.

We also have very big plans with regard to broadcasting the contest to the masses. Watch this space.

Cheers,
Nick

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 11:05:33 PM UTC+9:30, ND wrote:
this is very cool, and i like the concept from the point of view of participation. the turn-point thing is a little complicated for a spectator though. that's why you bring the fastest pony to the race isn't it?

I think it would be cool to have an IROC style grandprix, where you just have standard cirrus participate. of course, you have to think about wingloading, but that could really show absolute results with respect to pilot ability.

looking forward to following along!