Old December 20th 03, 05:11 AM
Gerald Sylvester

Default MS FS 2004 ---minimum equipment for IFR

I just got my PPL and heard from some ATP rated friends that using
MS FS 2004 could help a bit for getting down some of the navigation
techniques for IFR. I figure for $50 that is about 25 minutes in
a IFR GPS equipped plane.

What is the minimum equipment *really* required to use MS FS 2004?
Right now I have a new Dell Latitude laptop. I have a mouse
and that is about it. Joysticks? Foot pedals (cost?)? I don't want
it to replace flight since I can just get in a real plane but I have
heard from many people that it is quite good. I want
it more for the instrument training.

I have no idea about this since the last MS FS I had was back when I
had an IBM PC jr. (no joke).

replies will be directed to: rec.aviation.simulators.

Gerald Sylvester